Shipping Container Stores
BMarko Structures is a leading shipping container store manufacturer with vast experience in producing high-quality modular structures. We pride ourselves in our ability to produce custom modules quickly and within set timelines while paying an incredible amount of attention to detail to get your store up and running in a fraction of the time.
Fill Out Our Contact Form Below To Get Started!
What is a Pop Up Shop?
E-commerce is growing in the U.S., but many consumers are still looking for a ‘real life’ experience when they shop. For example, in 2019, e-commerce reached only 16% of total retail sales dollars. In 2017, brick-and-mortar stores captured 84% of holiday sales. Physical sales are still very much alive and well!
A pop-up shop is a small, sometimes temporary space, often for a retail store, or for food or beverage service. Examples are shops at a trades shows and the
Pop-up shops for many purposes can be made from shipping containers which is what we’ll explore here.
Call For a Quote:
How Can Container Pop-Up Stores be Used?
Shipping container pop-up shops have numerous applications. Here are some examples we can think of, but there are probably others. The sky’s the limit!
- Brick-and-mortar store expansion – Expand your brick-and-mortar business into a new geographical market, without the expense (or commitment) of another fixed, brick-and-mortar location.
- E-commerce expansion into a physical location – Expand your e-commerce business with a retail container store so you can also serve your customers face-to-face at a physical location.
- Short term or seasonal sales – Take advantage of temporary sales opportunities. For example, a food service pop-up shop could be located near a beach in the summer and an outdoor ice rink in the winter. Holiday markets and live events (such as festivals, concerts, and sporting events) are other opportunities to consider. A shipping container retail store can provide additional retail space during peak sales periods and be used for secure storage the rest of the year.
- Locations where permanent buildings are not an option – Farmers’ markets and college campuses may be perfect opportunities for your business — but a permanent building may not be possible, even though a shipping container store is.
- Test store – If your business is a start-up, reduce your risk by testing your market with a shipping container pop-up, instead of investing in a permanent location off the bat. If your business is already established, a shipping container retail store enables you to test a new geographical market.
- Renovations – Instead of closing completely during a renovation, you can use a shipping container pop-up shop to keep serving your customers.
- Concession stands and shipping container kiosks – Containers come in a variety of sizes. Whether you need a small, basic kiosk container for ticket sales or you need a large, fully equipped kitchen for preparing and selling concessions, there’s a container that will work for you.
- Entire container shopping centers – Even ambitious projects are possible with shipping container pop-up shops. There are examples of entire shipping container malls. Each individual container is leased temporarily to different retail outlets.
What Is the Process for Manufacturing Custom Shipping Container Stores?
First, we’ll be sharing lots of information! You’ll tell us about your needs and your budget. We’ll explain the types of containers that are available and the options for customization.
We can help you find a designer who can produce your architectural drawings. We can advise you about site preparation, regulatory requirements, and delivery and installation logistics.
We’ll provide a timeline for the completion of your build. Because your pop-up shop will be built in a factory, there’s much more certainty around the timeline because we don’t have to worry about weather delays! We’re proud that we’ve been 99% on-time since our founding, and we can beat the lead time of anyone in the industry.
What Are the Benefits of a Shipping Container Shop?
How Customized is a Container Pop-Up Shop?
Shipping containers can be customized in many different ways.
The customization you need will depend on many factors, such as the intended use, the location the container will be used, and your budget. Do you need an HVAC system? What about appliances? Solar panels? What kind of insulation do you need? What do you need in terms of electricity and plumbing hookups? How many windows and doors, and what size and type? What about painting and finishing?
Once you’ve worked with a designer and decided on your final design, bring us your architectural drawings and we’ll make it happen!
There are numerous variables and it’s important to work with experienced engineers and architects, even for the smallest project.
How Does Delivery of a Container Pop-Up Shop Work?
While we’re manufacturing your pop-up shop in our factory, you’ll need to ensure that all necessary site preparation is completed. You’ll also need to make sure that the delivery truck and crane are able to access the site properly. We recommend that you complete landscaping after the delivery of your container!
Delivery options — such as transportation by road or ship — will vary depending on your location and the details of your order. Talk with our sales team for more details.
Who to Contact for a Shipping Container Shop?
If you’re looking for a fully customizable container pop-up shop, contact the experts at BMarko and we can answer your questions. Bring us your design, and we’ll make it happen!